Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Laborers


People at work. It is such a fundamental act as natural as eating. Just about everybody has to go to work. I personally love going to work. I would not do well as a bon bon eater. So lately in my career, I have been blessed to go into people's workplaces and photograph them doing their thing. There have been great photographers like Sebastiao Salgado and August Saunders who made their whole careers exploring labor.

I have gotten to shoot jewelry makers, surveyors, vets, fish mongers, personal trainers and PR mavens.

How many of us spend more waking hours at work than at home? There is all this financial industry propaganda about retiring at 60. I guess if you hate your job that sounds pretty good. I feel blessed and uplifted every time I GET to pick up the camera.





No comments:

Post a Comment